Thursday, April 21, 2016

Let's Get It Started

Ha!

For all those wondering why I just did that, it's from a song, and I do tend to do that quite a bit. I also have a tendency to make movie references at any point where I feel like I can get away with it. I just thought that I would get that out there in the first place. I should probably show you my flaws before I ask you to read any of my posts, right?

Anyway, let's get down to business(to defeat, the Huns). I'm sure that all of you have realized that this is not a book review of any kind, even though that is literally what this blog is about. At the same time, I figure that it's only right if my first post should be about me as a person - just in case you guys think I'm weird, I kind of am, so you've been warned. And, just in case I am actually boring you with this, this post will also inform you of what kinds of books I'm into and what I'll most likely be reviewing in the future.

*claps hands together*

That being said, I'm going to do that last. Just so you guys will stick with me through the rest of this post.

My name is Gwen Pearson; Gwen is, in fact, short for Gwendolyn. I will be turning 20 in September and I live in a small town smack dab in the center of Iowa(it's really boring, in case any of you are curious). Currently I am not going to college, but I do spend a majority of my time working at the HyVee a town over, and, for now, that's what I plan on doing until I have a more stable plan. I love the job, even if it's a bit stressful sometimes.

I still live with my parents, but I also share the house with two cats(one is getting up there in age while the other is only about a year) as well as four ducklings and 10 chicks until they go outside to join their larger brethren.

Now, I do believe that that's enough about me. Let's get to the reason you guys are here - books. This blog is going to be dedicated to books. What kind of books, you ask? Well, that's a tough question. I do have a variety of books resting on my bookshelves, and many different genres. Feel free to expect anything from detective novels to epic fantasy; from supernatural romance to classical.

You might not be asking what age groups these books fall into, but I have to let you know anyway. Just in case there's a random book that I review that is technically considered a book for children. It does not matter to me what age group the book is in; if it sounds good, then I'll probably read it. A lot of my bookshelf space is dedicated to Young Adult novels, but there are a fair amount of adult novels and middle-grade novels alike. There are less children's books on my shelves, but I do have a few.

Admittedly, most of these books I have already read and I do know a few of them by heart. I could probably recite some passages from some of them, but I have decided to re-read books before I review them. Get a fresh approach and all that - besides, I might have missed some things that I pick up as I read it again. But, for a little bit at least, I will settle with reviewing books that are new to me(I have a handful more than a handful of books that I haven't read yet).

I'm going to do my darnedest to get my first official book review posted tomorrow. It will be over The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black, of which I just finished tonight. I'm not posting it tonight because I thought it would be best to get introductions out of the way first and, frankly, I do have to work tomorrow so I should probably get to sleep at some point.

But, if you all must know, the real reason that I'm not posting a review for you right after I post this is my cat. She wants to go to bed and I can't say no to her.

I do hope you guys stick around for my reviews(and hopefully they're not too horrible)!  

No comments:

Post a Comment